The U-Visa is a visa that protects people who were victims of a violent crime and who cooperated with the authorities after having suffered physical or emotional harm. Examples of crimes that qualify for the U visa: Domestic violence, sexual assault, rape, abduction, robbery with a firearm, etc.

¿How is it obtained?

It is obtained by a police certification that you have been a victim of a crime and through the application I-918. Once you receive the visa, you will have the opportunity to apply for residency after three years.

¿What are the requirements?
  • You are a victim of a violent crime.
  • You have suffered severe physical or emotional harm as a result of being a victim of criminal activity.
  • You have information about criminal activity. If you are under the age of 16 or unable to provide information due to a disability, a parent, guardian or close friend may process the information about the crime on your behalf.
  • You have cooperated with the authorities and are willing to continue cooperating with the police authorities to pursue the criminal who attacked you.
  • The crime occurred inside of the United States or violated the laws of the United States.
  • You have not committed a crime that makes you deportable.
  • You are admissible and if it not, you can ask for a pardon.
¿How can we help you?

If you are eligible, we will help you through the process. From the police certificate to the application for the visa, we will accompany you throughout the process and advise you on how to obtain the visa.